We all like to think that we do out bit in terms of being being eco friendly and protecting the environment but busy lives can sometimes mean it’s not top of our to do list!
Here is our pick of the top ten quick fixes that are planet, people and wallet friendly!
- Switch to non-harmful cleaning products – there are so many of these type of products on the market now that perform just as well as their non-eco cousins there is no excuse not to choose selectively!
- Ditch the face-wipes for a cleanser – not only are they proven to be bad for your skin they are also headed straight to landfill!
- Save on heating bills by fixing any cheeky drafts that are letting all your hard earned heating escape.
- Turn your computer off at the wall! We know you’ve heard it all before but simply making sure your computer isn’t left on standby can really make a difference and now you can even track it with a home energy monitor.
- Car Pool – Go all yankee and do a car pool to drop the kids at school or do the work run. You’ll be amazed how much you can save in petrol!
- Get online banking and go paper free – we are all guilty of giving those endless bank statements a quick once over then never looking at them again.
- Turn your washing machine down to 30 degrees – trust us, it still WORKS!
- Meat Free Mondays – Going meat free once a week can help save money and also help to significantly reduce your carbon footprint.
- Take short showers not baths – an oldie but a goodie. It’s hard to commit to every day, but every now and again won’t hurt!